- Pick up From Hotel in Bragança at 06:00am June 9
- Arrive at Herdade da Maroteira (www.maroteira.com) at 10am (on 9th )
- check – in to hotel
- Be given a welcome coffee and cakes
- After the welcome a small introduction we will go for a small walk around the cork forest.
- After lunch jeep tour into the forest to see the cork stripers and then the rest of the farm
- 5pm back to rooms for rest
- 7pm Wine tasting (Herdade da Maroteira Wines) followed by dinner
- Back to hotel for a good nights sleep.
- 8am Breakfast
- 9am Back to the forest to see more of the cork strip or maybe a visit to a winery (this bit we will leave open)
- Noon all drive in cars to Evora where Jose will walk you around town (lunch will be for own account).
- 2pm Leave Evora for Lisbon
- 4pm Drop off in Lisbon – Goodbyes and farewells
Cork Tour Break Down- with own Transport – Total price €200 = 2 days, 1 night, own transportation and 3 meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- If 12 or more people and shared rooms can reduce the rates as well
- If you fly into Lisbon here are transportation options. Check http://esa.ipb.pt/seb2017/en/transportes/
- If the one day is your goal, then after June 9, on June 10 we can simply get you transported to the Lisbon airport for your departure.
Adittional information and booking, please contact Trish Flaster
Alto Douro Wine Region
Alto Douro is northeastern Portuguese region with more than 26 thousand hectares surrounded by mountains that give it particular geomorphologic and climatic characteristics. The region was classified by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site on 14 December 2001 by UNESCO, in the category of cultural landscape.
Wine has been produced by traditional landholders in the Alto Douro region for some 2,000 years. Since the 18th century, its main product, port wine, has been world famous for its quality. This long tradition of viticulture has produced a cultural landscape of outstanding beauty that reflects its technological, social and economic evolution. The cultural landscape of the Alto Douro is an outstanding example of a traditional European wine-producing region (© UNESCO World Heritage Centre 1992-2017).
Friday, June 9
- 02:00 pm departure from Bragança
- Transfer by coach from Bragança to Peso da Régua
- Free time for walking in the Douro margins, visiting the city and the old Railway Station. The Douro railway line runs along the banks of the river Douro connecting Régua to Porto by train
- 05:00 pm Visiting Quinta da Pacheca:the vineyards, the old wine house and the cellars
- Wine tasting: 2 regional wines and 2 Port Wines
- Transfer to the Hotel Delfim Douro to check in: one night staying
- Dinner at the hotel
Saturday, June 10
- Breakfast and transfer to Cais da Régua
- 10:15 am Douro River Cruise from Régua to Porto, lunch included
- 05:30 pm Arrival to Porto
- Public transport to Hotel Mercure Porto in the city Center: check-in for one night staying, with breakfast, dinner not included
- Free time for visiting Porto
Sunday, June 11
- Breakfast and check-out. End of service
The total cost of 290 euros per person includes:
- Transportation to Peso da Régua
- Wine House visit and Wine Tasting at Quinta da Pacheca
- Transfer to Hotel Delfim Douro
- 1 night in double room, breakfast included
- June 9 dinner at the hotel
- Douro Cruise with Port wine aperitif and Lunch served on board
- 1 night in double room, breakfast included at Mercure Porto Centro
Please note that this rate does not include transport from the boat to the hotel in Porto and dinner on Saturday June 10