The trip will begin early June 9 th to transport you 2 hours east of Lisbon to the cork working area where you can visit and see Quercus suber in its natural habitat.
The location is in the Alentejo region of Portugal where our hosts have resided for over 5 generations.
The 540 hectare farm and 200yr old farmhouse was built in the traditional style overlooking the surrounding countryside, was dedicated to the cork forestry.
Besides the cork tour including harvest viewing, transportation, lodging, meals and opportunities to visit many surrounding sites make this the perfect trip.
Tour Break Down- with Transport – Total price €350
- Pick up From Hotel in Bragança at 06:00am June 9
- Arrive at Herdade da Maroteira (www.maroteira.com) at 10am (on 9th )
- check – in to hotel
- Be given a welcome coffee and cakes
- After the welcome a small introduction we will go for a small walk around the cork forest.
- After lunch jeep tour into the forest to see the cork stripers and then the rest of the farm
- 5pm back to rooms for rest
- 7pm Wine tasting (Herdade da Maroteira Wines) followed by dinner
- Back to hotel for a good nights sleep.
- 8am Breakfast
- 9am Back to the forest to see more of the cork strip or maybe a visit to a winery (this bit we will leave open)
- Noon all drive in cars to Evora where Jose will walk you around town (lunch will be for own account).
- 2pm Leave Evora for Lisbon
- 4pm Drop off in Lisbon – Goodbyes and farewells
Tour Break Down- with own Transport – Total price €200 = 2 days, 1 night, own transportation and 3 meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- If 12 or more people and shared rooms can reduce the rates as well
- If you fly into Lisbon here are transportation options. Check http://esa.ipb.pt/seb2017/en/transportes/
- If the one day is your goal, then after June 9, on June 10 we can simply get you transported to the Lisbon airport for your departure.