1st June 2018: Opening abstract online submission
7th April 2019: Deadline for abstract submission
31st May 2019: Review process and selection of communications finished
1. Official Language
Abstracts must be written in English, as it is the only official language of the Conference.
2. Submission of Abstracts and Topics
Abstracts can only be submitted through the Conference abstract submission platform, and should deal with at least one of following ICPMF11 themes:
- Predictive modelling in food quality and safety (for instance, shelf life, safe recipes, documentation of food safety, etc.)
- Predictive modelling in innovative food processing and preservation technologies
- Innovative approaches for ensuring safety of traditional foods
- Predictive mycology
- Advances in risk assessment methods and tools (for instance, QRA models, sampling plans)
- Integration of omics techniques with predictive modelling and QMRA
- Novel models of microbial dynamics and interactions in food
- Individual cell and whole cell modelling
- Integration of predictive modelling in simulation and optimisation of food processes
- Application of predictive modelling in life cycle assessment
- Advances in software and databases tools
- Meta-analysis protocols and applications
3. Preparing the Abstract
For oral communications and posters, an abstract should be prepared. The abstract should include: Title, Authors indicating presenting author, Affiliation, Main Text and Keywords. The Main Text should summarise in separate paragraphs: Introduction, methodology, results, conclusions and relevance. The maximum length of the main text is 350 words, excluding spaces. Only abstracts submitted through the online form will be considered.
On the online submission platform, young researchers may apply either for the Young Researcher Best Oral Presentation award or for the Developing Scientist Best Poster award. To be eligible, the young researcher must be the first author of the submission, and can only apply for one of the awards, even if submitting two abstracts. More information on the Young Researcher awards can be found here.
Abstracts will be reviewed by two members of the International Scientific Committee. For abstract acceptance, at least one of the authors must be registered in the Conference. A maximum of two abstracts can be presented by a registered participant.